StarTech.com USB-C 10Gbps to M.2 NVMe or M.2 SATA SSD Enclosure, Portable M.2 PCIe/SATA SSD Aluminum Enclosure, USB-C & USB-A Host Cables
- Regular price
- From $117.99
- Sale price
- From $117.99
- Regular price
- Unit price
Turn your PCIe M.2 NVMe or SATA AHCI M.2 SSD into a highly portable, USB-based external storage solution. This enclosure features USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 (10Gbps) with UASP support & PCIe 3.0 delivering real read/write data transfer speeds up to 1GB per second. Working with both PCIe and SATA based drives, this enclosure ensures compatibility with virtually any M.2 drive, supporting both M-Key (PCIe) and B+M-Key (SATA) drives sized 2230/2242/2260/2280.
USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 10Gbps (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2) is backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps (also known as USB 3.0), USB 2.0, and USB 1.1.
All-in-One M.2 and USB Solution
With compatibility for both PCIe NVMe and SATA based M.2 drives, this enclosure solves the common challenge of identifying which enclosure is compatible with your M.2 drive. Regardless of whether your M.2 drive is SATA or PCIe NVMe based, you can rest assured that this enclosure will provide a high-performance solution for turning your M.2 drive into a portable external enclosure. For further compatibility the enclosure works with multiple drive heights supporting 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280mm drives including Samsung (850, 860, 870, 950, 960, 970) Kingston, Seagate, Western Digital (WD), HP, and Intel SSD drives.
For multiplatform support this enclosure, that features a USB-C host connection, includes two different host cables, a USB-C to USB-C cable (20 in. / 50 cm) and a USB-C to USB-A cable (10"" / 25 cm). This combined with the backward compatibility of the USB protocol, ensures that this M.2 enclosure will work with virtually any computer, whether it's USB-A, USB-C or Thunderbolt 3.
Leverage the high speeds of your M.2 NVMe or SATA drive, with this external SSD enclosure. It delivers USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 maximum theoretical throughput of 10Gbps, which is twice the throughput of USB 3.2 Gen 1x1 at 5Gbps. The enclosure also supports PCIe 3.0 which when combined with an M.2 NVMe drive takes full advantage of the throughput available to USB 3.2 Gen 2x1.
This fan-less aluminum enclosure features ventilation holes for maximum heat dissipation, ensuring your drive operates noiselessly at an optimal temperature to preserve performance and protect your drive from overheating damage.
Durable and Portable
This slim, pocket-sized enclosure for PCIe NVMe or SATA based M.2 drives is specially designed for mobility, with a small form-factor design that fits easily into your laptop bag. Its lightweight, yet durable aluminum housing helps to ensure your drive won't be damaged while you're on the move.
Hassle-Free Drive Installation
The external M2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD enclosure case supports driverless plug-and-play installation and hassle free drive installation. A screwdriver is included ensuring no additional tools are required.
SM2E1BMU31C is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: External USB-C or USB-A storage solution for your PCIe M.2 NVMe or SATA M.2 AHCI SSD; This enclosure features USB 3.2/3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) with UASP support & PCI Express 3.0
- M.2 COMPATIBILITY: Works with M.2 PCIe NVMe (M-Key) & M.2 SATA (B+M-Key) based drives; Works with 2230/2242/2260/2280 SSDs including Samsung 850/860/870/950/960/970, Kingston, Seagate, Western Digital, HP, and Intel SSD drives; NOT COMPATIBLE W/22110mm
- WORKS WITH USB HOST: M.2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD enclosure comes with two separate USB host cables to provide support for both USB Type-A and USB Type-C/Thunderbolt 3 host computers; Backward compatible with USB 3.0/2.0
- DURABILITY & RELIABLITY: Enclosure with aluminum housing protects the SSD; The NGFF case features ventilation holes for heat dissipation to ensure consistency at peak performance levels, making it a reliable solution for high-speed data backup & recovery
- EASY INSTALLATION: The M2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD (solid state drive) adapter enclosure supports driverless plug-and-play installation & hassle free drive installation (screwdriver incl.); 20in (50cm) USB-C cable and 10in (25cm) USB-A cable incl.